Connected trucks from Toyota
All our Toyota warehouse trucks are factory- fitted with integrated telematics as standard, making them Smart Trucks. This allows your forklifts to be connected and send online information to your Toyota I_Site fleet management system.
Anywhere, anytime, via a web browser or mobile application you are in control and have easy access to all your warehouse data, allowing you to measure, analyse and improve your daily operations. This will result in more efficiency, productivity and safety in your workplace for leaner operations.
How will connected smart trucks with I_Site benefit your operations? Toyota smart trucks connected to the I_Site fleet management system will benefit your business in 3 main areas – for maximum value – added operation with extreme optimisation and zero waste in energy, time and space as a result.
- Increase Productivity
Minimise waste in your operation by optimising utilisation of your fleet and drivers
- Improve Safety
Create a safer workplace by managing impacts, driver access and pre-op check
- Bring down Costs
Be more in control of your operational costs, utilization of your trucks and damage cost
Get value out of your Smart truck with the right I_Site package
Smart warehouse trucks from Toyota, equipped with Integrated Telematics hardware, as standard connected to I_Site, the fleet management system from Toyota.
Toyota I_Site is the perfect tool for fleet and logistic managers to understand forklifts’ status, driver performance and overall productivity in their warehouse. The user-friendly I_Site dashboard interface offers a condensed real-time and accurate overview of your operations, in which you can visualize issues very quickly. It is accessible whenever and wherever you need it: via a web browser, a tablet or a smartphone. You can choose and customize the indicators you like via the interface which give you a quick, yet precise overview of your general status on the warehouse floor.
Meanwhile, all the background data you need is always available, and just one click away. Toyota has established the appropriate data security procedures for your data.
Toyota I_Site is a powerful solution for exploring and realizing improvements in several essential areas: whether you want to reduce costs, increase your utilization ratio, control machine access, track drivers’ licenses, improve your environmental performance or increase safety in your workplace.
Toyota I_Site gives you a crystal clear overview with all details you need to make the right decision and optimize your operation. This allows you to keep full control of your business by measuring, analyzing and improving your material handling operation.
The BT tyro LHE130 is the new entry model perfect for light electric pallet truck applications.
It can transport and lift loads up to 1300 kg. The LHE130 is available with li-ion technology for energy efficiency. It combines the features of a powered pallet truck with the flexibility of a conventional pallet truck. The BT tyro is the perfect solution for hand pallet truck users who need that extra boost in productivity.
The BT tyro LHE130 compact design is perfect for light applications in confined areas such as retail, shops and warehouses, as well as loading/un- loading lorries.
The LHE130 is ergonomic and can be maneuvered effortlessly thanks to its tiller arm allowing it to work perfectly while on a vertical position.
This truck comes with a maintenance free Lithium-ion battery for fast and opportunity charging ensuring high availability and flexibility.
- Lithium-ion battery for increased productivity
- Pin code for access control
- Effortless maneuverability, light and compact
- Ergonomic design perfect for confined areas
- Lithium-ion battery for increased productivity
- One compact machine size for all battery capacities
- Low weight, low energy consumption, low noise
- Optimised corner control reducing damage or injuries
- Available for Ambient or Cold Store environments
- Toyota lean industrial engines (diesel or LPG)
- Optimised performance and driveability
- Enhanced ergonomics for driver comfort
- Cleaner operations, lower fuel consumption, less maintenance
To know more about the new Tonero Stage V Forklifts, visit our website: www.toyota-forklifts.com.mt
Trucks can’t talk… Data can!
We the team at Storage Systems are proud to introduce an Industry first, benefiting our business partners/customers operations.
All our Toyota Material Handling warehouse trucks are now factory fitted with Integrated Telematics as standard, making them Smart Trucks.
This allows them to be connected and send online information to our Toyota I_Site Fleet Management System which can now be activated with just one click at no extra cost to our clients. Once activated the technology allows our customers to keep control of their business by monitoring, measuring and improving their operations. This is a powerful solution for exploring and realizing improvements in several essential areas such as reduction of costs, increased utilization ratios, control of machine access, tracking of driver’s certification, battery charging cycle monitoring, Geo-fencing – GPS tracking of the truck and of course increased safety in the workplace.
As standard, Smart Trucks from Toyota Material Handling now give our clients an overview on a range of information which is accessible whenever and wherever via a web browser, tablet or smartphone. Smart Trucks provide the right information to make sure clients are in control of their operations and even allow them to take action from a distance if necessary.
Another addition to the Storage Systems range of products that enable our customers to benefit from the advancement in the field of Intralogistics.
To know more about the new Integrated Telematics Smart Truck range, visit our website: https://toyota-forklifts.com.mt/solutions/smart-logistics/smart-trucks/toyota-smart-trucks/
DRIVER TIPS FOR COST EFFICIENT DRIVING
1. Leave promptly. Don’t start the engine until you’re ready to go. This avoids fuel wastage due to unnecessary idling and ensures that the engine warms up as quickly as possible.
2. Don’t make sudden changes in speed. Maintain a steady pace within the limit set at your premises. Drive smoothly, accelerate gently and read the road ahead to avoid unnecessary braking. This can also reduce maintenance costs.
3. Decelerate smoothly. When you have to slow down or stop, decelerate smoothly by releasing the accelerator in good time.
4. Don’t rev the engine and accelerate unnecessarily. Coasting towards a stacking destination is more efficient than driving quickly and stopping abruptly. Accelerating quickly uses a lot of fuel – accelerate smoothly, without straining the engine.
5. Train your drivers. Good training not only improves safety but also makes your drivers more aware of how to drive efficiently; for example, they will learn to approach a stacking destination correctly at the first attempt, avoiding uneccesary manoeuvring.
6. Don’t idle. If you do have to stop during a handling operation, for example, to wait for the load to be ready, avoid wasting fuel by turning the engine off if it looks like you could be waiting for
more than a minute.
SERVICE YOUR FORKLIFT REGULARLY
7. Keep up-to-date with maintenance. This is extremely important in keeping your truck fuel efficient. Get it serviced according to the manufacturer’s schedule to maintain the forklift’s efficiency.
8. Choose the best tyres and check their condition frequently. If your truck is fitted with pneumatic tyres, make sure they are inflated correctly. Under-inflated tyres increase fuel consumption
and will have a shorter life. Check tyre pressures at least once a month. Pneumatic-shaped cusion tyres need to be replaced periodically. New tyres give better grip and are bigger, therefore
requiring fewer revolutions to travel the same distance, which will also lead to fuel savings.
9. Engine oil and air filter. Make sure you use the correct specification of engine oil (refer to the service manual and advice from Toyota). Fluid levels should be checked every month and kept in line with manufacturer recommendations. Check the air filter – if clogged, fuel consumption will increase. Be sure to use Toyota Genuine Parts when replacing the filter to ensure optimum operation.
10. LPG bottle. Did you know that a substantial amount of all gas purchased in bottles is returned to the supplier? You can save money by making sure that your operator fully empty the bottle
before they change it.
DRIVER TIPS FOR SAFE DRIVING
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ACCIDENTS
11. Forklift truck operators should operate only those trucks which they are qualified and licensed to operate.
12. Forklift trucks should never be left unattended without first shutting off the power, removing the key, neutralising the controls, setting brakes and lowering the forks.
13. Operators should make a careful check of brakes, horn, steering mechanism etc. before use of the truck. Never operate faulty equipment and report faults without delay.
14. Never exceed the safe working load weight.
15. Never allow others to ride on forks or use the forks to raise people to a height.
16. Always keep arms, legs and head inside the operator compartment.
17. Always position loads into the heel of the forks for stability. Do not attempt to move unstable loads.
18. Slow down where aisles cross; at sharp curves; ramps; blind corners; on wet, slippery or rough floors; in congested areas; and when vision is limited or obstructed.
19. Never drive along with the forks raised and always lower the forks before parking.
20. Watch out for pedestrians – especially when approaching aisle crossings or whilst negotiating bends.
21. Look in the direction of travel. Keep a clear view of the path at all times. Always look backwards when backing up, even for short distances.
22. Take particular care on bends and inclines to prevent overturning. Do not park on a ramp or inclined surface, unless absolutely necessary, in which case set the parking brake and chock the wheels.
To know more about Toyota Material Handling’s unique SAS System of Active Stability, visit our website: https://toyota-forklifts.com.mt/our-offer/system-of-active-stability/
The history of human civilization is also the story of people trying to rid themselves of hard toil and offloading it onto other persons, animals, or machines. The whole concept of automation is often seen as technology that makes life easier.
From an entrepreneurship point of view, however, automaton means higher value and better returns. More companies are recognising the potential of warehouse automation as a strategic asset that brings agility, flexibility, and efficiency.
With fundamental shifts in technological ability, these are the five major reasons that are increasingly making warehouse automation a serious gamechanger.
Job effectiveness: With automated processes handling repeated tasks, employees can concentrate on more complex jobs that require keener decision power. Machines can manage basic tasks to perfection while job satisfaction is raised for staff.
Flow accuracy: automated equipment knows exactly what to do and when – and performs the action perfectly every time. Precision eliminates disorder which piles up wastage of resources and capital.
Time maximisation: The new generation of automation means that warehouse processes can remain in operation longer without the added complications and expenses of human resources.
Cost cutting: Automation not only adds value by enhancing operation efficiencies but also by lowering recurring expenses. High-quality machines mean very low maintenance and servicing costs.
Safety boost: Smart software and advanced laser systems make automated machines the ideal collaborators on the warehouse floor. Equipment is loaded with fully-alert vision sensors and can detect and effectively respond to health and safety risks.
Damage reduction: Accurate movement and superior sensor technology means that automated machines drastically curb on-site accidents, protecting wares and limiting disruption. Machines offer uniform behaviour throughout the day.
Energy efficiency: Automated equipment intelligently distributes energy to save resources. Machines are energy cost-effective and capable of independently re-charging batteries, optimising use of time to match operation requirements.
Learn more about what automation can do for your organisation. Get in touch with Storage Systems today. Contact Us!